Saturday, September 23, 2006

Bohemian Rhapsody

I've always liked this Queen tune so I've been trying to learn this lately. Started with piano sheet music and tried to convert to guitar. This is going to be a tough one. It's in Eb or Bb; I'm not sure which because of all the weird chords. Not a single open cowboy-chord in it. Weds night I made it all the way through; it took an hour and a half. Stairway & Hotel California were tough at first too but I don't remember them being this hard. Hopefully I'll get it before I give up.

Here's a link to one impressive version of it to see what I'm shooting for: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGs5mn-rM5k&search=Bohemian%20Rhapsody

4 comments:

brownie said...

I always knew you had a crush on Freddy Mercury.

Denial Queen said...

Queen rocks! (I have them in my blog name) There is a Queen Musical- I saw it in london 3 years ago "We Will Rock You" highly recommend seeing it if it ever makes it over the pond......

Spotty said...

Freddy was a musical genius. I miss him..darn aids.

Smut Mutt said...

I wholly agree on Freddy's incredible musical gift. Like Jimi, Bon Scott, Elvis, Joplin, Morrison, etc., he made choices that robbed him of his life and us of his talent. Damnit!

I made it through BR in about 20 minutes last night. It's not that I'm going for speed; the fingers to work a little faster on all those oddball chords. Wicked even recognized a couple portions of it. Long way to go though...