Monday, March 12, 2007

Wild Boar Hunting

Went to Harper, TX this weekend to cull some ferral hogs. Here's my bloodbrother John & I with our pigs. I whacked the smaller one first with the bow. I was closer than I thought so the shot went high into the spine. Squeeeeellll!!! I stuck him through the heart and he shut up pretty quickly.

John's pig gave us a workout. His lever-action shoots a 45 Colt but the rounds he was using sucked; I think he said they were MagnaTech??? The didn't have enough velocity t0 expand properly so he ended up shooting it full of holes w/o killing it. One of the rounds went through the lungs and another hit the shoulder but it didn't really even slow down. After he'd shot it about 6 times and was down to his last round I took a couple of pot-shots at it with the bow. The first one he was running at about 75 yards and I aimed a little high - had to climb the tree to get my arrow back. The next time, with my last good arrow, was about 45 yards but I was guessing 35 so it went right under him and drilled a tree. (I had to saw my broadhead out with a multitool later...) That shot was enough to get him to move where John had a clean shot. With his last round he wacked him between the eyes & dropped him in his tracks.






2 comments:

dayoldfish said...

that looks yummy

Marc said...

Uhhh! I think I'm going to be sick! LOL! Nice shot(s) though!